What It's Used For
DNA collection kit for humans that can capture samples producing high yields of double stranded, long fragmented DNA from buccal cells using traditional swabs.
Collect-Stabilize-Concentrate-Transport-Extract-Store All in a Single Tube.
- Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
- High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 15µg (ISWAB-DNA-250) or 30µg (ISWAB-DNA-1200) of double stranded, long fragment DNA for downstream applications including microarray and NGS
- Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
- Swab-free sample transport: Decrease sample processing time without compromising sample integrity
- Accommodate for sample from various age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderlies
- Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes included on each iSWAB tube for efficient traceability and storage purposes
- Room temperature stable: reducing sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
Scalable and easy to process: Manual and automation friendly sample processing.
High Genomic DNA Yield
Due to the efficient Mawi proprietary stabilizing and bacteriostatic lysis storage buffer in the tube, iSWAB DNA achieves high genomic DNA yields.
Comparison of Average gDNA Yields Isolated from Different Collection Methods – DNA Concentration (µg/sample)
Low Bacterial Genomic DNA Contamination
iSWAB was able to achieve low bacterial genomic DNA contamination compare to the traditional methods. Primers specific for the 16S ribosomal RNA gene were used as a simple method to obtain relative quantification of bacterial DNA