How to Apply: Applicants may report or send resumes to Mawi DNA Technologies LLC Attn: Human Resources, 26203 Production Avenue, Ste. 3, Hayward, CA 94545. email: email@example.com Please reference the position you are interested in.
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Work Location: Hayward, CA.
Mawi DNA Technologies is an emerging biotechnology focused on biosample collection technologies. Our iSWAB-Microbiome product is a disruptive technology currently being used globally for COVID-19 sample collection. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist to lead R&D activities at our Headquarters in Hayward, CA. This is a full-time position.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for performing routine molecular biology lab duties such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, QPCR and all associated sample preps for next-generation sequencing and gene expression. Will also be involved in New Product Development and working with our Regulatory team to meet testing and documentation requirements for regulatory submissions.
- Perform functional testing for all Mawi’s sample stabilization products to ensure high quality products are delivered to our customers.
- Optimize DNA and RNA extraction protocols for existing sample collection technologies.
- Develop new sample collection technologies.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency, and timeliness in accordance with laboratory SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs.
- Perform basic lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents, oligonucleotides, and other lab supplies, and keeping detailed lab records.
- Synthesize and interpret results. Prepare verbal + written status reports.
- Develop modifications of existing assay techniques, experimental protocols or new procedures.
- Actively promote Mawi products and services in a manner that best represents the organization.
- Providing product support and technical expertise to existing and potential customers.
Preferred Qualifications and Desired Traits/Skills:
- MS in life science area (Preferably Genomics) + 5 Years of Laboratory based work experience OR • PhD + 2 Years of Laboratory based work experience.
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other relevant regulatory agency standards such as FDA, EU and ISO.
- Experience and knowledge about technical file or design files submissions to regulatory agencies is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge working with NGS platforms and DNA/RNA library construction.
- Experience and knowledge working with paramagnetic bead-based or traditional DNA/RNA extractions.
- Familiar with NGS platforms such as Illumina and PacBio platforms.
- Knowledge of liquid handling robotics.
- Knowledge of lab safety and infection control procedures & practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a large amount of technical data and documentation.
- Positive attitude, resilient, high energy, passionate, competitive, and integrity required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and company clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365 suite).
- Capable of statistically analyzing kit performance.
- Knowledge of Design Control procedures is a plus.
- Knowledge of factorial experimental design Assay Development is critical.
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.