The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the alcohol-free iSWAB buffer allows for recovery of double-stranded, large fragment DNA similar to the genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream arrays such as microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing. Other non-invasive collection methods often utilize alcohol and can produce short DNA fragments limiting their usability to basic genotyping applications.
The iSWAB-DNA device allows for the collection and stabilization of DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. Typical yields of between 5-30μg of DNA with <1% bacterial contamination can be achieved. DNA collection kit for humans that can capture samples producing high yields of double-stranded, long fragmented DNA from buccal cells using traditional swabs.
• Genetic Analysis: Epigenetics, Epidemiology, and Forensics.
• Veterinary Testing: Genotyping, Breeding, Speciation
Collect-Stabilize-Concentrate-Transport-Extract-Store All in a Single Tube.
- Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
- High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 15µg (ISWAB-DNA-250) or 30µg (ISWAB-DNA-1200) of double stranded, long fragment DNA for downstream applications including microarray and NGS
- Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
- Swab-free sample transport: Decrease sample processing time without compromising sample integrity
- Accommodate for sample from various age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
- Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes included on each iSWAB tube for efficient traceability and storage purposes
- Room temperature stable: reducing sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
- Scalable and easy to process: Manual and automation friendly sample processing.
High Genomic DNA Yield
Due to the efficient Mawi proprietary stabilizing and bacteriostatic lysis storage buffer in the tube, iSWAB DNA achieves high genomic DNA yields.
Comparison of Average gDNA Yields Isolated from Different Collection Methods – DNA Concentration (µg/sample)
Low Bacterial Genomic DNA Contamination
iSWAB was able to achieve low bacterial genomic DNA contamination compare to the traditional methods. Primers specific for the 16S ribosomal RNA gene were used as a simple method to obtain relative quantification of bacterial DNA
Comparison of Average Bacterial Genomic DNA Contamination Detected in Different Collection Methods
Collection Comparison Method