A Flushable, easy-to-use FecesCatcher is included in the iSWAB-Microbiome with FecesCatcher kit for hygienic collection of fecal samples. The FecesCatcher is a sheet of thin paper with two sticker flaps that sticks to the toilet bowl and is flushed after use. Simple and user-friendly, the FecesCatcher has instructions printed on it for reference.
The iSWAB™-Microbiome with Feces Catcher (iSWAB™-MBF) collection kit consists of a pre-filled collection device with 1.0 mL of non-toxic, stabilizing buffer and fitted with a proprietary insert. The insert is designed to optimize the release of specimens collected with a swab into the stabilizing buffer, creating a minimal footprint and allowing for swab-free transport of specimens. The iSWAB™-MBF buffer is designed to maintain the status quo of samples at the time of collection, providing a representative snapshot of the microbial community that remains unchanged from the point of collection to processing. The Kit includes a FecesCatcher accessory for easy sample collection. This kit contains one (1) iSWAB™-Microbiome Device, one (1) swab, one (1) FecesCatcher, one (1) Plastic “biohazard” bag w/ absorbent pad, one (1) Extra barcode label (for lab use only), one (1)“Exempt Human Specimen” label, and one (1)Outer box (used to mail sample back).
iSWAB-Microbiome with FecesCatcher is intended to effectively and hygienically collect stool samples at home. iSWAB™-Microbiome with FecesCatcher collection device is a non-invasive, non-toxic sample collection technology intended for stable ambient transport and storage of microbial DNA and RNA from various fecal samples. Purified microbial DNA or RNA isolated from collected samples are compatible with qPCR, microarray, and NGS for microbiome research in health, wellness, and forensics.
- Swab-Free Transport allows for smaller transportation and in-lab storage footprint.
- Non-toxic stabilization; no organic, hazardous solvent fixatives or detergents.
- Microbial presentation maintained intact from time of collection for weeks at room temperature (real time testing ongoing).
- No bloom effect correction needed for microbiome data. Both aerobic and anaerobic bacterial communities stabilized from collection to processing.
- Ambient temperature transport and storage with no cold chain involvement. iSWAB-MB buffer allows selective isolation of bacterial DNA or RNA with minimal or no human genomic DNA contamination.
- The stabilization buffer efficiently inactivates bacteria, fungi, spores, and viruses allowing safe transport of biological samples.
- Purified bacterial DNA or RNA isolated from collected samples are compatible with qPCR, microarray and NGS based applications.
- Scalable and customizable platform capable of stabilizing up to 20g of fecal material in standard collection containers.
Pre-collection: 18 months from date of manufacture between 15-30° C. Transport temperature, post-collection: 15-30° C. Sample stability and storage, post-collection: 42 days for SARS-CoV-2 samples, 21 days for microbial RNA and 40 days for microbial DNA at 15-30° C; if longer storage time is required, collected samples can be stored at -20 to -80° C